The Design, Performance, and Analysis of Slug Tests, Second Edition explains virtually all there is to know regarding the design, performance, and analysis of the most common well test for determining hydraulic conductivity: Slug Testing
The first edition became the standard reference for all aspects of slug tests. It has positively changed project outcomes and helped professionals become responsible stewards of our precious water resources by promoting best practices.
The Second Edition contains updated information and expands the focus with new developments where slug testing is applied in applications related to contaminant assessment.
- Presents the eight key steps for conducting reliable slug tests.
- Describes new methods for the analysis of tests in unconfined aquifers and in highly permeable settings.
- Expands topical coverage of LNAPL baildown tests and slug tests in small diameter wells.
- Includes numerous flow charts that illustrate easy-to-use strategies for selection of analysis methods, and field examples demonstrate how each method should be used to get the most out of test data.
- Contains new straightforward practical guidelines that summarize the major points of each chapter.
Written for practicing groundwater consultants and engineers, The Design, Performance, and Analysis of Slug Tests, Second Edition enables readers to achieve more reliable information from slug tests and widen the application of this common field method.
CONGRATULATIONS TO JIM BUTLER for completing this important book, and THANK YOU for writing it.
Order a copy online at a discount with MidwestGeo.
Watch the upcoming live Slug Testing webinar taught by Jim Butler: The Keys Steps to Successful Slug Testing: Formations of Low Hydraulic Conductivity, High, and Everything in Between